Monday, July 14, 2008

Election of Church Deacons

Was tied up at church on Sunday afternoon for church's twentieth annual general meeting ("agm"). My name was listed / nominated as one of the seven candidates. Only three will be elected and the agm proceeded at 1pm. Each year, the election itself will definitely last quite long as each candidate has to garner two-thirds of the attendees for that agm before they could be elected. The fun part is when a candidate missed out being elected by a few votes only ..... then voting has to be done again till a candidate is elected.

I was the youngest fella amongst the seven candidates. That also being the dark horse ....... in every competition, contest or election, there is always a dark horse and if bets were to be placed on me, and accepted by bookmakers, would have paid out a lot if I was to be elected .......... hehehe.

Didn't get elected and on three occasions, in electing the three candidates, I was the sacrificial lamb where my votes were sacrificed for the other candidate in order for them to meet the two-thirds majority ................. hahahahhaa. Once we noticed that a candidate was so near to being elected, meaning hitting the two-thirds majority by few votes, the next vote would see my name having this number of vote - ZERO! ....................... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Yeah, you can laugh at me now. We laughed too! Congrats to those who have been elected. And would like to thank that six persons who voted for me .................. hahahaha. Don't know who lah as votes were placed into a collection box.

At the end of the agm, a question was posed to me "Were you disappointed?" Naaaaaah, it was a good try. Being nominated itself is already a good start. It doesn't mean that by not being elected as a church deacon, I would be less effective being a normal church member. Getting elected itself would have been a heavy responsibility. That would be getting involved in charting the church's course of direction, be it spiritually or otherwise. God's timing is not here for me yet. Or maybe not at all.

Anyway, I will be as active as before because I'm serving God.
Tags: Church Deacon, Annual General Meeting, Voting

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Borneo Falcon said...

Hope you won't be another sacrificial lamb again in the future. ha......ha....

14 July, 2008 09:22  
Blogger Johnny Ong said...

tat was the humourous part of the election. God has his ways of doing things ... haha

14 July, 2008 11:08  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

>