Friday, January 09, 2009

Demonstration at USA Embassy

On Friday afternoon right after the prayers, lots of people gathered near the USA Embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

My own guesstimation - demonstration on the 'Israel attacking Gaza Strip' issue.

Was this an illegal demonstration?









The police somehow blocked traffic from Jalan Ampang heading towards Jalan Tun Razak (the embassy direction).









Protestors (circled in red) gathered opposite Menara Tan & Tan while the police (circled in blue) had been on stand by for them.

The police really do have first hand info on such demonstration as they were prepared.

Traffic was a bit chaotic because of the road blockade.

At 3.30pm, the demonstration was still on-going.





The Plaza Ampang shopping centre (formerly known as Plaza Yow Chuan) has been hammered down to pieces.









On the other side of my office building, the crane was lifting some pre-cast concrete for the construction of the high end condominium, My Habitat.

Now, I can hear all those banging and hammering construction sound.
Tags: Protest, Demonstration, USA Embassy, Jalan Tun Razak, Jalan Ampang, Israel Attacking Gaza Strip, Plaza Yow Chuan, Plaza Ampang, My Habitat

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Nux V said...

live reporting from your office...hmm, seems so free eh?

09 January, 2009 16:04  
Blogger Borneo Falcon said...

I don't think it is illegal demonstration. Anything that against Israel seems to be legalized here

09 January, 2009 18:41  
Blogger Jason Law said...

lol...Really legal - -"?
But everything against Malaysia must be illegal

09 January, 2009 20:24  
Blogger Hapi said...

Hello there my friend! I found your blog very interesting so I have added your link in my Blogroll. I hope you'll link me back. Have a nice day! http://hapiblogging.blogspot.com/

09 January, 2009 21:40  
Blogger foongpc said...

So free ah, these people? No doubt the Palestinian issue is upsetting, but I think there's a lot of things about this country that we need to be concerned about instead.

09 January, 2009 23:43  
Blogger Blackie007 said...

Haha, I can imagine you and everyone in your office standing there, glued to the window, enjoying a break from office monotony. :D

I hadn't known Plaza Yow Chuan has been demolised. Must let hubby know. He used to work for Uncle Teddy Bear.

10 January, 2009 11:09  
Blogger Johnny Ong said...

nux v - just a quick and short one hehe

borneo - really? didn't know

jason - against m'sia will be illegal? not only illegal but something like a treason

hapi - my pleasure to link up each other

foong - yeah, we shld be more concerned with the happenings in our country first

blackie - not only my office mates but i'm sure the whole building's occupants wld be the same. the bldg wld have been tilted to that side with all the weight on one side hehehe

11 January, 2009 19:38  
Blogger Blackie007 said...

hahaha, that is a good one, johnny...your office building tilted to one side with all the extra weight there!!

13 January, 2009 23:10  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

>