Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Lightings and Paints

Bought the biscuit tin designed lightings for my car porch area. Cost me RM60 each.

Still yet to buy lightings for my dining area, car porch pillars and staircase wall lights.






The carpentry works are still on-going and three of the rooms' cabinets are already installed albeit needing some touch ups here and there.














Upon advise from the ID, my house's colour scheme were chosen from Jotun and ICI paint brands. Just the paints itself cost me close to RM2,700.

Chose the matt range from the Jotun brand. The paints were used for internal walls and ceiling.











Can't use those ICI pearl glo type as the walls have to be properly skim coated first since almost all the walls are not smooth as you want it to be.

In order to skim coat the whole house, I have to burn another RM5,000 easily. Better not.

* ICI Pentalite paints for my internal walls.

* ICI Gloss Finish paints for toilet doors/frames and external gates/MS grille / wood.


The family hall located upstairs displayed a grayish wall. Intend to make this area a cooling place while I enjoy those movie/TV sessions.
Tags: Paints, Jotun, ICI Dulux

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Chemhoster said...

Wao...couples of thousands for the paint alone?? Is the paint blend with gold or something? I never know it's such a good business! Good tips.

03 November, 2009 13:38  
Blogger Twilight Zone said...

It is good investment on quality paints as they last longer. I just bought RM35 per drum paints to repaint my Danau Idaman unit before the tenant came in. I wouldn't dare to invest on good paints as I dont live there. Hey your interiors and lightings show that you have good taste!

04 November, 2009 23:33  
Blogger foongpc said...

Thanks for updating us on your house's renovation. Must be very eager to move in, no? : )

04 November, 2009 23:36  
Blogger Johnny Ong said...

chemhoster - paints are really expensive. coated the walls as recommended on the tins. nothing spared

twilight - my colour scheme was recommended by my interior designer

foong - eager but can't hurry the contractors. prefer to complete the renovation properly than in a rush

18 November, 2009 00:29  
Anonymous ew said...

nice wall colour!!

07 January, 2010 01:15  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

>