Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Frantic Life

I think this is the longest break I have taken from blogging, since 15 Dec 2009. Life in KL office was filled with tight schedules. Need to submit a number of assignments within short periods. It was way past 8pm daily. Once back home, it was more planning for the new house.

Left KL for Sudan on 11 Dec 2009 and this is the period that I don't mind being in Sudan. Reason is that winter has set in. When I inserted the quote of "Sudan winter has set in" in my msn chat, many friends queried me on that sentence.

Most friends were blur about the weather in Sudan and some asked what sort of winter am I having here. One friend even said "don't tell me there's snow in Sudan".

Let me clear this. Winter season doesn't snow here. And who says that it must snow during winter. Normal day time weather would be above 40 degree centigrade. Now, it's hovering around 32 to 35.

Night time reading on normal days would be around 30 plus. During winter season, it's 22 and below. You need a jacket on a windy night if you were having a drink at those opened cafe.

On 17 Dec 2009, I left Sudan for KL. Arrived at KL home around 4pm and straight off to new house.

On 19 Dec 2009, friends arrived around 9am plus to assist in the shifting to the new house. Was so busy with the shifting till I have forgotten to take any pictures. Many thanks to the friends and relatives that came to give a hand on that day itself.

My bro-in-law and sis-in-law came all the way from Malacca to lend a hand in cleaning the house. They did it from Thurs till Sat (the day I moved in). Just by saying thank you is not enough.

Come Sunday, 20 Dec 2009. Met up with the drama team to confirm the Christmas drama. My script came out quite late this time and caused all the last minute arrangements. Had a drama practise on Tues night to firm up the loose parts.

From 20 Dec 2009 till 26 Dec 2009, it was havoc at new house. Various suppliers are still coming in to intall this or that. A supplier's lorry hooked onto my new auto gate and broke it (left side of the gate). What to do? That poor guy is getting a pay cut for that. Cost of repair came up to RM550. Need further alignment on the left gate now.

Washing machine delivered to my house without being installed. How do you expect my family to use it then? And when the technician came, he said my water tap is different. The plumber, technician and me looked at each other. I called the supplier and gave them a good piece of my mind on that afternoon. Enough is enough.

Carpenter was slow in his work and it delayed the kitchen cabinets. Power sockets can't be installed at those areas and my fridge and water treatment system can't be switched on as well. One thing led to one another.

Some friends asked "Why did you move in then?". Good thing I moved in the week before as I was not expected to be in Sudan this weekend. Coming weekend would be the new year. Just need to finalise many stuff at the condo for the handover too.

On 26 Dec 2009, the night where I'm supposed to leave for Sudan, I was still purchasing some lightings for my house. This was not last minute but more of no time to do so.

On Wed afternoon (23 Dec), received a phone call from a colleague saying that I'm expected to be in Sudan on Sunday. What a week! Never mind, one thing at a time. Christmas came and all went by smoothly before some tension in the beginning of the service. The wire connection from the projector and two laptops couldn't fit in ...... my my.

Will blog again with a few pictures on Christmas Day.
Tags: Frantic Life

5 comments:

lina said...

That's quite a hectic week you have.

Moving house is defintely hectic. Lucky for you for having such good family and friends.

Happy New Year!

Ted said...

Yes, definitely a very hectic week for you! May everything go smoothly for you and may you have a fantastic 2010!

foongpc said...

Wow! You were really busy! No wonder didn't blog for some time! Happy New Year! : )

acura said...

Hi, sorry for being late in replying your comment posted in my blog. I has been ages since I logged into my account, having practically abandoned my blog.

Well, I was in Miri for an internship of 20 weeks and am now back in KL since September. After the very hectic 20 weeks which included 3 offshore trips, I really have newfound respect for those in the oil & gas industry like you.

It's challenging work. The offshore trips were eye opening. With one last semester left before graduation, I am still having reservations about returning to Miri.

But anyway, hope to wish you belated Merry Christmas & Happy New Year ;)

Johnny Ong said...

lina - hectic life has lessen now but still struggling with the unpacking

ted - to a better 2010, cheers!

foong - besides having no time, i have no access to internet at new home after moving

acura - i work at onshore only but have friends working offshore whose lifes are not easy

---------------
And a very happy new year to all of you and your family

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...