Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Maybank Used For Phishing

Malayan Banking Berhad ("also known as Maybank"), being the largest bank in Malaysia, has been often used by syndicates to dupe Maybank's customers into revealing their internet user id and password. Once you log in using those so-called Maybank 'links' ........ your money will be all gone within seconds, if not minutes.

Received an email from maybank@dynasty.com.my alerting me that my maybank account has been blocked. Is this a Malaysian based email address?

Specifically requested me to click at a maybank2u link to restore my access.

Within minutes, received another email from maybank2u@myb.com.tr. I clicked on the supposedly link to maybank2u.

And this is what you get to see in a new pop-up window. The exact duplication of the genuine site.

If you were so blur and did key in your username and password, you can wave bye bye to all your monies in your maybank account.

This is known as phishing. These internet syndicates were trying their luck / scams in hoping that blur blur Maybank customers will key in their particulars.

In fact, and sadly too, there are blur blur fellas out there.

Related post: Con Job Involving Four Local Banks
Tags: Phishing, Maybank, Malayan Banking Berhad, Maybank2u, Internet Scam, Internet Syndicates, Con Job

5 comments:

Twilight Man said...

Thanks for reminding me again. I am always worried and cautious over emails and tele-callers! Not that I have lotsa money but I am poor!

Ted said...

You're right, sad to say many are duped.

foongpc said...

I never trust any emails that supposedly come from banks. Because normally banks will call me and not send me emails for important things.

foongpc said...

Recently, I also receive email from Paypal saying that my account is blocked. I just delete that email!

Johnny Ong said...

twilight - haha, will be poorer after clicking those buttons

ted - wonder why also

foong - yeah, true. so u are one of the smarter ones ard. i guessed those who are internet savvy will be much more aware of such things

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...