Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ways To Impress in Renovation

I did a rough estimation on my renovation costs my new house which is expected to be released with the key and certificate of fitness altogether by next month. Looks like it's going to explode way beyond what I had expected.

Certainly need to delay and hold certain brilliant ideas of mine and forego certain items I have dreamt of having.

Thought of getting a professional Interior Designer but to my dismay, their quotes (approached three so far) right upfront put me off ............ RM8,000, RM10,000 and RM10,000.

Have gotten quotes from Rowenta Kitchen (based in Cheras) and Artset Design Sdn Bhd (based in Dataran Sunway) for my wardrobes, kitchen and various carpentry works which don't they come cheap at all. Am waiting for a family-owned business, Snaider Furniture (M) Sdn Bhd (based in TTDI), to provide me with the same quotes.

Awaiting three other contractors who would only provide me with the quotes when I get my house key.

When I saw the pictures below, I couldn't stop laughing. Some people do go great length just to give a good first hand imporession and it gave me a great ideas ........................ haha
Tags: Interior Designer, House Renovation

9 comments:

electronicfly said...

LOL! Do you know where those photos were taken?

Sweet Jasmine said...

You need to plan something within your means..so r these pics for real?

Chemhoster said...

The owner is damn creative!

Borneo Falcon said...

The surrounding garden is kind of messy

Ted said...

Hahah, the owner can say that he owns a mansion (From the front view that is)! My unit's reno is almost done, hopefully can move in next mth already...Lots of hidden costs that always pops up sometimes.

Stephen said...

What a strange-looking house! There must be a story here, somewhere.

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Heheheheee joker.

Kev said...

well, Johnny. Just a simple thing like tiling a little plot of land in my compound already costs RM4,600!!! and my father-in-law's most basic "renovation" (tiling the side garden, moving the kitchen wall forward) cost about RM15,000!!! Gee, what's our money worth nowadays?

TINTIN said...

Yeah, everything are so expensive nowadays...by the way I love the picture posted there, they are quite creative actually ~ LOL!!

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...