Friday, August 08, 2008

Lebanese Restaurant in Khartoum

We went hunting for a place to try out some new dishes in Khartoum. One of my colleague thought of this place as I'm the only one who hasn't been to this new place.

The nice facade of the restaurant cum hotel called Assaha, a Lebanese restaurant.
At the village's entrance, that's what they call it - Assaha Lebanese Traditional Village. It's owned by Lebanese people.
The moment Fairuz saw me taking this picture, he said surely I'll put this into my blog ....... your wish came true.

As for Nazril, if money permits, would like to order all the food in the menu.

Our two other colleagues enjoying the free flow peanuts.
I really like the internal decor which reflects the Lebanese architectural design.
There are only a few hotel rooms in this village where all of them were located behind our table. Could be a bit noisy for hotel clients as the restaurant's table seatings are located just outside the hotel rooms.
We were there quite early, say around 7pm plus. The crowd was not there yet.










Three of us ordered this Flamingo drink. It has whipped cream, banana, strawberry, syrup, mango juices all mixed together. My stomach was alright after this marvellous mixture.













Our food started to arrive. I missed the main one because we were busy eating.
This bread was really unique. When I took one of it, it was quite light.
The moment I crack opened it, it was found to be empty inside.
A well look-a-like was built in the middle of the restaurant.
There was another section with low tables and chairs. Nobody chose to sit at this area as it was a bit dark anyway.

Tags: Lebanese Restaurant, Lebanese, Khartoum, Food, Assaha, Assaha Lebanese Traditional Village

8 comments:

eiling lim said...

Very nice restaurant with very nice decor. Felt like trying the empty bread though!

Anonymous said...

I like the ambiance. Outdoor dining is great when it's breezy. :)

Johnny Ong said...

eiling - something diff from the rest that i have been to in khartoum

cc - no doubt abt the ambience. it was a windy nite as well

Unknown said...

interesting bread...butI thought i seen it before in some where in kl =D

Johnny Ong said...

have never seen one in kl, otherwise wld have referred to it too

kuai said...

I like those food! really strange 'donut'? look really 'gebu' and full of air.. hahaha.. its surely not enough for me..:P~~

Johnny Ong said...

kuai - it was just finger food or starters, not enough for me too

Anonymous said...

hi, johny-huhu..i've been there once while my visit to Sudan..yeah,it's nice there but i could not eat anything that nite because felt so nozzy .my stomach couldn't accept any foods there. i hope that i could have a chance to taste all the foods there one day..

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...