Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Journey Back to Home Ground

Left Khartoum on Sunday night after a long delay at the airport. My Emirates Airlines plane was supposed to depart at 7.20pm (local time) but the wonderful plane landed just before that and passengers were only alighting from the airplane at 7.20pm.

In such case, I would expect a forty minutes wait for the plane to be cleaned. At 8.05pm, we were boarding our plane but were seated in it till 8.45pm before the captain announced that we will be on our way. My my.

Arrived at Dubai around 1am plus. The colourful wall that you can see here is actually the outer design of a bus. It has not opened its doors yet at that point of time.













Our plane stopped about five minutes away from the main terminal. Peak timing during midnight at Dubai airport.

The plane from Khartoum was packed and this scenario in the bus was just like a public bus. Went straight to the transfer desk to obtain my boarding pass for my connecting flight at 10.20am. That's how crazy it was. Me and my two other colleagues were amongst the first to be at the counter and we were the last to leave the counter. That was way past 2am.

Arrived at Millenium Airport Hotel to be checked in and only managed to drop dead on bed at 3am. By 7.45am, we woke to go over to the airport.

The Dubai city scenery seen from my bedroom. Not facing the city centre where there are lots of towering buildings.

The buildings (two storeys) right in front of me is the Dubai International School which comprise several blocks. Owing to the huge expats found in Dubai, such international schools are really huge.

That's the Dubai Metro railway, under construction to meet the congestive traffic throughout Dubai city.

At 10.20am, it's time for my flight back to home sweet home. The control tower located on the right hand side of the picture.

Human traffic jam while entering the plane. It was a Boeing 777 model.










They were still pumping fuel into my airplane while I was boarding it.















Seated besides me was a beautiful four year old girl (I think) from the Middle Eastern region. I was seated at the aisle seat while she was at my right and her parents were on her right. The mother who was beside her couldn't care less about her. She was poking the TV screen on the seat in front of her.

She was totally excited with that flight. Moving here and there. Kicked my leg unknowingly. I couldn't stand it any longer. When it came to meal time, I threw some sleeping pills into her food without her parent's knowledge.

She knocked out for the rest of the flight. Peace at last!

My beautiful Kuala Lumpur International Airport building. It was just a pretty sight.
Tags: Khartoum, Emirates Airlines, Dubai, Dubai Airports, Millenium Airport Hotel, Dubai International School, Dubai Metro, Boeing 777, Middle East, Kuala Lumpur International Airport

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to be home!

Borneo Falcon said...

Good to have you back again

bZbee said...

please say it's a joke about the sleeping pills....

Unknown said...

welcome back johnny!

Unknown said...

woooow....welcome home!~ hehhee....

Anonymous said...

oh my god! u did not just throw sleeping pills in her food!!! did u!!!

Johnny Ong said...

cc - def home base is always the most comfort

borneo - in safeground now

bzbee - what kind of person do u think i am?

simon - thanks and still the same me

nkw@i - thanks to u too

cbenc - did i? did i? u should have known my capability in certain areas while reading my blog all this while

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...