Thursday, September 04, 2008

Ramadan Month

When it comes to the Ramadan month, you could see such biscuit samples hanging on the wall with a listing for people to fill in their orders.

Hello friend, let me try all those sample first before I dare to place any orders ........ I'm very particular on food ..... ahem!
This gathering was held last Friday, partly a farewell party to 4 colleagues who would be leaving the company and a simple celebration in view of the coming Ramadan month.







For me, it was a gathering of fooooooooooood!!!!

We had Sudanese food as well as a Sudanese brother was willing to cook / share his country's dishes with us Malaysians.











At first they were shy, waiting for one another to start first. Wait till you see them tasting the food and they were uncontrollable. I was busy eating and unable to take those uncontrollable moments (was part of the action too).

It was a multi-national gathering too, there were people from Malaysia, Sudan, Philippines, India and China.

It's also during this fasting month where you could see lots of local malay delicacies at the Ramadan Bazaar. There's one near my house but have to be there early to grab those food.













You could people from all walks of life going to such Ramadan Bazaar.

To my muslim colleagues, friends and readers - Ramadan Al Kareem!
Tags: Ramadan, Ramadan Bazaar, Ramadan Al Kareem, Food, Sudanese Food

15 comments:

Unknown said...

foood...yess...well, the order kuih and evrything is definitely part of Ramadhan. The month will lost one of its wonders w/o people showing u samples of kui and coaxing you to buy. showing only u know. no taste one. well, me? i sell kerepek :D better margin i'd say and i gave out samples!!! to eat, not to look at..mua ha ha...

Johnny Ong said...

sky - a bit torturing, see no touch ......

Anonymous said...

What a feast! Yummy! :D

Unknown said...

wahh.....a food feast...If i were inside, it's really torturing me... (T_T)
cannot eat much....

Borneo Falcon said...

Hope I can chip in. Ha.... Ha...

Johnny Ong said...

cc - to me it was a really a feast

nkw@i - like to eat but cannot eat much esp with so many food on the table, that's really torturing lah

borneo - yeah, u can chip in next time, the money of course

foongpc said...

Oh, I would love to be there. Well, anywhere as long as there are food. Sounds greedy don't I? : )

Johnny Ong said...

foong - we must get together for the love of food then .... hehe

acura said...

Ramadan reminds me of the food bazaars & the wide array of food available. Yum....

Va:L said...

I miss Malay food for my breakfast and lunch!!!

Can't find them at road side since 1/9/08, Puasa started.

Kikey Loo said...

long time didn't try Malay foods dy...
miss Malaysian foods...

p/s: thanks for visit my blog. :)

fruzabdullah said...

bro... here we all can have sudanese food every day...

no need to ask sudanese to cook...

but do you willing to eat that?

hahahaha

Johnny Ong said...

acura - oh yeah, i do go to the food bazaar at my place of stay too. the best time to grab those authentic local malay kuihs

min hui - hahahaha, puasa at the same time then

kikey - well, if u are out of the country, def u'll miss it

fruz - i didnt say i was looking forward to it

Anonymous said...

If i was there, trust me, i would be the 1st person to attack the food!! No need to shy shy 1.... lol....

Johnny Ong said...

cazzy - no bungkus for yr cats

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...