Monday, September 15, 2008

Lunch at Belanga

My love for food brought me to Belanga restaurant. Can't recall the meaning of this word, the waiter told me that it's a cooking utensil used in the kitchen. Actually wanted to go into the kitchen to take a picture of the Belanga ...... but after think think think think ..... sat there waiting for my food to come.

The restaurant is located at the walkway of the lower ground floor that connects The Gardens and Mid Valley.





This is their superb Nasi Lemak Ayam (chicken with coconut based white rice). The taste of the spices that was marinated into it were done very well. Ridiculously good. The size of the chicken surprised me. The price didn't.






This is the Nasi Belanga Ayam (nasi = rice). The gravy was filled with spicy chillis and if you are unable to withstand hot spice, don't pour the all the gravy onto the rice.

Exceptional in my case.











Appetite was there and couldn't resist this dish - Nasi Kunyit Rendang Daging. The calories taken shot up but I'll worry about that later.

The rendang curry was thick. Eating the nasi kunyit with the tender rendang daging, bit by bit, was just sheer estacy.









Their internal decor was nicely arranged. The preparation counter was filled with various condiments and food was prepared the moment you place the order (except for pre-packed food).

This restaurant do not charge you the 5% service tax. This restaurant owner has integrity.
Tags: Belanga, The Gardens, Mid Valley, Nasi Lemak Ayam, Nasi Belanga, Nasi Kunyit, Rendang Daging, Food

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me yearn for good hearty Malay cuisine. Will go to a very good one next weekend. :D

Borneo Falcon said...

I passed this restaurant before but never stop to dine there. Looks good to me

soulesscloudy said...

wow.. seems very taste.. the drumstick quite big yummy yummy...

LynMay said...

I think 'belanga' is a kind of cooking pot..food loos really nice.. but the chicken kinda look a bit weird.. doesn't look like fried..instead if looks like it's wrapped with something ...errr like popiah?

Anonymous said...

Well I think the chicken would even tastes better depending on the gravy..and wow those food looks great^^

Anonymous said...

I saw quite a lot of people eating there whenever pass-by this restaurant but I think I won't try it 'coz I don't like "santan-based" food.

Johnny Ong said...

cc - temptation was too strong while passing by the restaurant

borneo - it taste good as well

wanwan - yeah, the serving is quite good

lynmay - yeah, it shapes like a pot. the chicken's ok hehe

sollee - yes, the gravy plays an important part of a dish

dora - awwww just too bad

Unknown said...

Periuk belanga - Pots and pans

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

Hi Johnny, glad to be back blogging.

No tax?
Good, hard to find one without tax in shopping mall these days.

Johnny Ong said...

kok hon - yeah, another term used

akira - u can easily find many that are not supposed to charge by now

fruzabdullah said...

wah... mentang mentang bulan posa yer... takder orang kan....

Johnny Ong said...

fairuz - betul, so service memang bagus

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...