Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Michelin Star For Malaysian Owned Restaurant

A chinese restaurant in London has been hailed as the best chinese restaurant by virtue of obtaining the Michelin star rating.

Kai Mayfair is owned by a Malaysian, Bernard Yeoh, who in turns entrust the kitchen to the head chef, Alex Chow. The restaurant has been operating for the last fifteen years and it's regarded as the highest honour to be rated by the Michelin Guide.

Just by reading its Dom Perignon menu, it does potrays the class and quality it possesses. Can I get a discount when I'm in London?

Once a restaurant is rated by the Michelin Guide, food connoisseurs and those who likes to eat would be making their beeline towards it. In order to minimise any congestion, the restaurant has arranged for table reservations via email and instant online booking.

Michelin Guide should be making its way to Malaysia in due course and I did submit an application to them hoping to be selected as one of their Food Inspector ........ I like to eat, I know what to look for in a dish and I'm good with food tasting ....... willing to travel for food. Yes, I'm dreaming about it and if I don't dream about it, it's definitely zero chance.

Reading: Michelin first for Malaysian restaurant in London - Star
Tags: Kai Mayfair, Foods of China, Best Chinese Restaurant, Bernard Yeoh, London, Michelin Guide, Michelin Star Rating, Food Connoisseurs, Food Inspector

9 comments:

Ted said...

Food inspector???! WHere do i sign up please?

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

Sweet Jasmine said...

It is a great honor to get a michelin star rating. Will michelin guide comes to Malaysia next...? Good luck to yr dreams as a food inspector.

foongpc said...

Wow! Must be a great job as a food inspector! Hope you are successful! : )

amb3r1te said...

i'll definitely make it a point to eat there the next time i get my pay!

Johnny Ong said...

ted - go to its website

hapi - thks for the tutorial

jasmine - its in michelin's plan to come to m'sia & s'pore next

foong - its not goin to be that easy to be appointed as one

amb3r1te - yea, since u are there

Unknown said...

wow! good luck in being a Food Inspector. tell me what is in their most expensive soup dish k if you succeed =)

Johnny Ong said...

simon - haha, i hope to tell u that

Anonymous said...

I think the michelin thing is overated, as the food they focus is too expensive... too porch. And the food seldom suit our asian taste. That just my thinking... M'sia food blogger should work together to comeout a conclusion on their finding, rather then just write about food.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...