Saturday, February 16, 2008

Kidney Stolen While in India

I remembered receiving emails related to the above subject matter which I have treated it as a spam email. How can your kidneys be stolen?

There is this Snope website which detailed all kinds of spam, scam, hoax, fake, false news collated from throughout the world and if you suspect that that news may not be true, you can check it out in Snope.

Suddenly I came across this news article India's booming kidney racket found in BBC News/South Asia -
"When I woke up, I felt this terrible pain on my abdomen. They told me they had taken out my kidney. "I thought I was going to die." Shakeel Ahmed only wanted to come to Delhi to find work.

Then I compared the above article to Snope's collection -
Kidney stolen after a heavy party fling and left in a bath tub filled with ice cubes which I had blogged under Urban Legends.

Wow, frightening enough that it's real after all. Another myth busted?????

Extracted from BBC News/South India:-
* An estimated 150,000 Indians need a kidney transplant every year, but only 3,500 are available.

* Every hospital has a tout. In fact, the doctors or nephrologists will often suggest a person that you can contact to get a kidney. They charge up to US$10,000.

* The recipients were wealthy clients in India and other countries. Some of them were from Greece, Arab countries, United States and one or two patients from European countries."
Tags: Kidney Stolen, Snope, Scam, Kidney Transplant, Kidney Racket, Nephrologists, India, Kidneys, Kidney Black Market

2 comments:

Va:L said...

I heard it also happens in China... sad....

Johnny Ong said...

there will be people who have eyes for money alone but not on human lifes.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...