Saturday, February 09, 2008

Travelling to Northern Malaysia II

Continuance from Travelling to Northern Malaysia.
My niece and the nephew-in-law (wow what a word) had their wedding at Penang Christian Centre. Managed to find my way there directly from the Penang bridge. Got lost once but phew! reached there just in time for the wedding rehearsal.
What a big church and I really do like their stage's size.

Only reached the church at around 8.30pm. What a long trip, took off at 3.30pm and reached there at 8.30pm. Friends told me four hours was the norm. Due to really bad weather and road construction, it did slow me down.

The next day, my niece suggested that I should go to Queensbay Mall to kill boredom.

The scenery of this Starbucks Cafe (located within The Borders bookstore) was relaxing and a good place to read books that could be taken from The Borders.......hehe




Now, I know how Queensbay Mall got their inspiration in decorating their Christmas tree in Dec '07.














Their Chinese New Year celebration has started with various programmes. It started with a the chinese drums presentation.








Followed by a lion dance.
Was at my wits trying to capture this jump with just my mobile phone's camera.

Squeezed my way through the crowd to capture this shot from another angle. Just make do with such quality till I get my DSLR.














This was taken while on my way back to mainland and Kuala Lumpur. This is the Penang bridge and construction could be seen on both sides as the bridge is undergoing expansion of the third lane.


The weather was real hot on that day.


This was at the middle section of the bridge.
Halfway back to Kuala Lumpur, stopped by at Bidor town and hopped into Pun Chun Restaurant. This is the place where you could get many foodstuff / titbits. Got my favouratie 'Sak Keh Ma'.







This was Pun Chun's famous Duck Mee (dry type). And I got a drumstick. Cost = RM6.50.
Tags: Travel, Penang, Pulau Pinang, Penang Christian Centre, Queensbay Mall, Lion Dance, Penang Bridge, Bidor, Pun Chun, Duck Mee

2 comments:

haan said...

knew that's bidor before reading your text. the food there is damn expensive, don't u think so? and the portion is very little. i heard from bidor local that there are better ones elsewhere.. but i'm yet to find out where is it.. :)

Johnny Ong said...

pun chun is well known owing to it being on the main road,easy to locate. and normally it's just a resting point for travellers like me and lazy to find other spots.

if my travelling gang was there, it wld be different story then.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...