Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Still Hunting for a House

Since the day I found out that my favourite piece of property (loved the way it was renovated, just what I wanted) in Sri Petaling was not favourable, I couldn't find a suitable one from thereon. Most of the houses that I have seen just do not have that 'feel'.

Moreover, most of it may required substantial amount of money to be pumped in for renovation purpose as the houses have built some time back. This may delay my time in moving into the house as it would involved DBKL approving my renovation plans and so forth. The other issue that has been bothering me is that the Sri Petaling residential area is under leasehold status and most of its landbanks have only 70++ years left.

When I saw that earlier piece of property, I have made arrangement to put up my current condo for sale. The best part is a couple came to view and is making arrangement to buy my condo unit. Where am I going to stay then?

One of the financial mortgage guys that I spoke to told me that I should consider every aspect in purchasing a house. I must not have the thinking that this house would be my retirement spot. He did mention "what if my family requires emergency funding and I need to dispose of my house". If that piece of property has poor resale value or unable to find buyer easily, I would have to think twice about it. Man! ........ just when you thought money could buy anything but with such things to consider, it would make think thrice actually.

I'm waiting for the last piece of development that would be launched any time now. The developer is Petaling Garden Berhad. A call to them had got my antenna springing up where the launching could be called real soon. Further digging elsewhere resulted with an information that either the double storey or the 2 1/2 storey houses would cost RM500,000 onwards. Goodness me! Really did dampen my spirit.

The other thing I heard that people that have connection with housing / property developers normally do get to buy their favourite units much in advance, leaving the crumbs for the public at large (yeah, I'm in the public category).

Apart from waiting for the latest development, during the past weekends and CNY, it was round here and there to look for those houses that have signboards hanging outside their gate - "For Sale". The newspapers' classified section on House for Sale is one of my favourite page now.

Had been calling property agents more than I called my friends lately.

Just because of hunting for a house, I developed stress. A close friend asked, "was it because you found a good buyer and that you were rushing to purchase a property for yourself". I need to be careful of that too in case I was blind towards something while rushing to buy one. Do I need to rush?

Then other friends, in good faith, recommended me to view houses at nicer spots e.g. Lake Fields, Sungai Besi and Lake Edge, Puchong (agreed that this place is too beautiful, if funds were available would surely set my feet there). Only issue - way beyond my budget with all of it above RM460,000 till almost hitting RM600,000. RM460,000 is before any simple renovations and furniture & fittings. Felt like fainting now.

What was your experience like?
Tags: Sri Petaling, Petaling Garden Berhad, Property For Sale, House For Sale, Double Storey House, 2 1/2 Storey House, Housing Developer, Property Developer, Lake Fields, Lake Edge

No comments:

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...