Monday, February 04, 2008

Travelling to Northern Malaysia

A friend called up asking where was I since Friday as he didn't see me blogging on anything, very uncommon of me. Well, I was rushing my work since last Monday, day in day out. Stayed past 12 midnite in office on Wednesday. It was half day leave on Thursday and need to finalise a few documents prior to leaving office. Thought I could leave at 12.30pm but ended leaving close to 2pm.

Reason for leaving early - took half day off to so that I could reach Penang to attend my niece's church wedding rehearsal. Yeah, last week was the pre-wedding dinner hosted by the bride's family. In Penang, it's the bridegroom's family's turn. Moreover, the church wedding will be in Penang as well.

Left Kuala Lumpur at 3.30pm and took the PLUS Highway up north. Only managed to leave the state of Selangor at 5.00pm. What took me so long????? It was heavy thunderstorm again. It slowed all the cars down to 60km/h (way down from the highway speed of 110km/h) and the highway was restricted to one lane due to road construction........... what a time to do construction.

By 6pm, I was only at Tapah, where usually it would take only 1 hour's drive from KL. See how far I was.
Halfway through the journey, there was this Gua Tempurung (Tempurung Cave) where people could actually venture into the caves within. Never been to it.
A limestone hill where I heard that there were many cave routes and even a stream flowing in it. Adventurers would definitely like this place.

Update: if you really wonder (like me) how it looks inside, a blogger has some pictures detailing her venture in it. View it at ~Labyrinth ~.

More on the travel up to Penang.
Tags: Penang, Pulau Pinang, Gua Tempurung, PLUS Highway, Travel

2 comments:

haan said...

hey johnny, share with u my gua tempurung experience, if you don't mind :)

http://www.haanism.com/2007/05/kampar-tempurung-cave.html

Johnny Ong said...

of course i dont mind. glad to know more from experienced people.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...