Monday, November 17, 2008

Final Leg of Fantasy Travel

My tiring eyes that hasn't really have a good rest. Left house at 9.30pm the previous night and still travelling to reach Sudan.

I should reach Khartoum by their local time of 6.30pm (11.30pm Malaysia time) and by the time I checked out of the immigration, it should be a solid 24 hours travel from KL to Khartoum.


The numerous buttons you get to play with at the armrest of my business class seat.

Out of a total of 56 business class seats, only 9 were occupied in this final leg of fantasy travel.












In this business class, these are the drinks that could order ..... FOC and unlimited ...... of course depending on your capability as well.













Not long after departing Dubai, we were served drinks again.

While enjoying the drinks, I watched the Children of Huang Shi movie starring Chow Yuen Fatt, Michelle Yeoh and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Marvellous movie. Talks about the time when the Japanese invaded China and two particular westerners were there to help 60 orphaned kids in escaping the tyranny of the Japanese soldiers.

This time I opted for the Taittinger Brut Reserve N.V. champagne. I find this absolutely fine and smooth. The grape taste was there but subtle.








I took the Chateau Canuet Margaux too. This is really one of those better red wines I have tasted thus far.














They do offer white wines too but didn't try.
















For starters, I ordered the seafood selection that comes with two slices of lobster meat, a king prawn and some smoked salmon.

There's the place of fresh fruits and not forgetting the garlic bread too. How generous of them.

Actually, I ordered the roast beef tenderloin for my main course but the chief steward told me that they don't have enough of that dish.

Presumably all the 9 of us ordered the same dish but impossible for the plane to have so little stock of this dish.

Eventually the chief steward offered this dish taken from the first class cabin .......... good exchange? It was finely cut beef, so tender, in veal jus that has pastas too. I didn't even leave a single bit of the gravy on the plate.

After the main course, my stomach has a bit of space left but when I saw their dessert, the stomach opened up. It was a marvellous cheese cake with some dried mamoul dates strewn over it. How can I resist it? To top it off, I must have a cup of tea with milk / sugar.
Tags: Taittinger Brut Reserve N.V., Chateau Canuet Margaux, Cheesecake, Mamoul Dates, Children of Huang Shi

6 comments:

Va:L said...

wow....u really look tired, Johnny. Luckily there were so many good food, and entertainment for u to play around with

TZ said...

Dude, i agreed with you travel to Africa region from Malaysia is damn tire... with the transit time in Dubai, the whole journey even worst.

Borneo Falcon said...

You really travel in class man

Anonymous said...

Don't care.. free minum banyak banyak. Pergi tandas a few rounds! Not that you have anything else to do. Haha!

"lobster meat, a king prawn and some smoked salmon", "marvellous cheese cake", "finely cut beef, so tender, in veal jus that has pastas" - NOW i remember why i stopped bloghopping. I DON'T GET NO FOOD LIKE THAT! Bawa saya dalam beg! And on the way to the toilet (after drinking lots), smuggle some of the food to me. :P Boleh ambil second round?

Johnny Ong said...

val - well, if too tired i wld have just sleep off but the problem is i can't

tz - during transit, i always get to go out as it exceeds 8hrs so a hotel room is provided

borneo - thks to the points i accummulated

usws - up to how many rounds u can tahan la

Anonymous said...

Uncle, how you manage not to grow 'sideways' with all these pampering you get so frequently?? You can really eat!! Kekekeke.... Btw, thanks for your encouragement and words of comfort.... I am much better now, eventually when my time is up, i will meet him again in the kingdom of God..... :) *should i say i look forward to that??* LOLZ

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...