Monday, November 08, 2010

Is Grammar or Spelling More Important?

Noticed the signboard as below while on the road. It was an advertising signboard for a grammar school. My colleague commented this - "For grammar, you can register at this school but for spelling, I think you better register at another school."

Didn't get the picture?

Won't be listing down the name of the school in this blogpost. A picture is more powerful than a thousand words.

Reason being, I was traced via my blog when I posted a funny comment about the name of a business entity that existed in Sudan here. That company's legal personnel actually emailed me where he requested me to delete the name of their company (based in Turkey) from my blogpost or face a legal letter.

Not that the company was well known but how in the world did they bumped into my blog (of course I didn't ask how they found my blog).
Tags: Grammar School, English School, Spelling

6 comments:

Ted said...

Hahah ok, Kinderten. Legal letter? Can they do that? After all blogging is more like a personal opinion.

Twilight Man said...

I am pretty surprised you received their warning email. I bet they will never proceed as that will be too costly and no court would like to waste time to hear them... What crime??

Netster23 said...

Looks like they are very sensitive. I would prefer learn from mistake and change rather than showing who's fist is bigger :)

Or maybe they just think very highly of their own establishment and no fault can be found :)

Cheers Bro

Johnny Ong said...

Ted - ok, u noticed the word

Ted / Twilight / Netster - as for the request to remove what I have written, I did remove those opinions of mind about their funny corporate name. As I'm not into finding more enemies, might as well remove it as I don't intend to hurt anyone in the process of blogging.

The name was "pre" and then "con" joined together where I mentioned that they con people first prior to the commencement of the construction work hehehe

how bad of me

Twilight Man said...

Your topic made me think a lot and I have been careful too cos I know that sometimes they might keep googling their names to see any updates. So I would type and split their words or save the text in Jpeg as picture. I knew I could be in hot soup.

Johnny Ong said...

twilight - i know a few m'sian companies do hire staff to basically monitor the world wide web on anything said about their company or its products

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...