Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beware Of Cheating Durian Sellers!

Five true accounts of events with durian sellers all over Kuala Lumpur:-

1) I myself was approached with the same modus operandi when having dinner with my family in a restaurant in Melawati. But when the durian seller quoted me the price can't remember how much but it was a ridiculous amount.

It was so unbelievable, I walked away in a huff, back into the restaurant, ignoring all the frantic cries of the durian seller. It was lucky I did so.

Dirtbags!!!
__________________________________________________________

2) DO NOT entertain or approach any durian seller whom you do not know at all, especially pasar malam, an event which they move from one place to another ....

Personally, I had a similar experience at Raju's in Petaling Jaya sometime early this year, 2010. As we had finished our roti canai at Raju's, a "decent" looking youth came up to me with a durian with a "window" opened to show a nice and tempting durian flesh inside. Yummy, so I thought.

He led me to this van half-filled with durians and promptly told his burly buddy that this boss (that's me) wanted to buy. This fellow just picked a huge durian and proceeded to open it.

Then in quick succession, he had already opened 3 fruits. I frantically stopped him and said that I actually wanted one only. The usual concluding statement from him was, "What am I going to do with these 3 opened durians?"

I asked how much? He answered, "RM280.00"!!

I uttered, "That's robbery."

Sensing that I had just been conned and cornered, I said sternly that I am only willing to pay RM120.00 max for the durians. To cut the long story short, I settled for RM200.00.

__________________________________________________________

3) Dear all,

My daughter just related this true incident that happened to her friend's mother.

She was eating breakfast at a makan stall in a wet market. A man approached her and asked if she would like to buy some fresh durians. Being a durian lover, she said yes. The man then asked her to follow him to his stall nearby.

At his stall, there were lots of durians. The man opened some fruits to show her the freshness of the durian. She was quite taken aback that he opened quite a few, so she said only wanted 5 durians.

Suddenly, the man asked, "What am I going to do with the opened durians?!" He insisted that she buy all the opened fruits. At this point, two big men with tattoos appeared at the stall.

The frightened woman decided not to buy and quickly walked to her car. But just as she opened the car door, the 'durian seller' came up behind her and slammed her door shut!

He waved the parang he had used to open the durians and demanded RM400 for the 5 durians she had wanted to buy.

The lady tried to protest about the price, but the man shouted at her, waving the parang threateningly close to her head. So, after some 'bargaining' (pleading), the three men settled on a price of RM 300 for five durians!

This incident happened in Cheras, but a robbery scam can be set up anywhere.

Beware, because they pretend to be legit traders, and durian sellers do carry parangs in broad daylight, so they have an alibi. If the cops show up, they'd just deny everything.

Times are hard now, and criminals are cooking up creative ways to rob the more vulnerable ones in surprising ways.
__________________________________________________________

4) Dear neighbors,

Beware of durian van seller (3 young guys with red hair + tatoo) who come to our neighborhood promoting "branded" grades of durian at RM10 - 18/kg. I chosen 2 BIG "mau san wong" durians after being offered at RM15/kg, used his scale weight the reading was 14kgs = RM210.00. I was shocked and refused to take the durians but he said both durians are already opened and checked by me; therefore I have to take it because he will not able to sell to others. Then all 3 durian guys keep persuade me..+ the driven of my durian-addict... has made me lost sense and bought both durians. After paid & back into my house I use own weight and found both durians are only 9kgs........SHIT ! Kena tipu liao...

So dear fellows please take my lesson and do not follow my step.
__________________________________________________________


5) They striked again. I saw the durian sellers this evening about 5:30pm. Two of them managed to lure a resident at jalan xxxxx and managed to cheat her of RM180 for a big durian weighing about 5-6kg, but the scale was showing a higher reading. By the time I could go and rescue her, they managed to harass her that she had to buy it cause they already opened it to show her. So i just stood there and stared at them while they quickly gave her the balance and reversed the car out of our lane.

Now i managed to get the number plate of the van - WSL6975. Can the committee inform the guards not to let in all these impromptu sellers? Also, I am paying the monthly RM100.00. Can i get contact details of these guards, in case i need to chase away these pests from our neighborhood, in the future.
Tags: Durian Seller, Cheating Durian Seller, WSL 6975, Fresh Durian, Parang, Man With Tattoo

5 comments:

alien said...

pergh!!
Gangsterism
Have you report this to police?
Since this issues related to public safety..

Johnny Ong said...

i was not involved but it was a collection of events from friends lately

Rosse said...

i didn't know Durian cost that much! Hubby was approached by a man twice before offering him good quality durians lucky for us we both don't eat durians! :-)

Ted said...

My goodness! Durian oso wan to cheat!

Anonymous said...

So sad. today we kena con by these door to door durian seller. where 4 pcs small durian scale us @ 19kg with price sin $ 8/kg, while originally only less than 5kg. after that they add up the balance total 8 pcs as free. total paid up $152. after the seller gone. i told my hubby feel like not in right term, then we scale. total 8 pcs not more than 9 kg. my hubby go down try to find the seller but couldn't find. really so sad & hurt pain. please becarefull & report them if you see them.thanks.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...