Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fined by Police After Accident

This is my friend's account on what happened to him recently. He posted the article in Star Online Blog and received a number of comments too.
--------------------------------------

Is it fair to be fined RM300 in road accident?
Yesterday morning I was driving in Kerinchi link heading towards TTDI, I was driving within speed limit but at the 2nd last turning before raeching toll my car skidded and lost control. After spinning for a round, luckily I managed to stopped the car and escape unscathed. Anf I continued on the journey to meet my friends.

Minutes later, I received a phone call from the friend I'm supposed to meet. She was driving at the same road and skidded at the same place. Unfortunately for her, her car rammed to the side concrete wall and unable to move on. Her car need to be towed away.

According to her, there were 3 cars before her and 1 car plus 2 motorcycle after her all met with the same fate. It was clearly that there's something wrong with that stretch of road and nothing to do with speeding or driver's fault.

Now the worst is yet to come, because when she went to make a police report she was fined RM300! It doesn't make any sense to me why she was fined when she obeyed all the rules, and all this accidents happening at the same place clearly indicates that the management of Kerinchi did not do a proper job to keep the road in a safe condition.

My question is, is it right or is it fair for her to be fined?
Tags: Kerinchi Link, Police Report, Car Accident At Kerinchi Link

5 comments:

foongpc said...

Why was she fined? What rules did she break? Btw, thanks for mentioning this. I will avoid that road!!

Are you sure there's no oil on that stretch of road? Maybe some unscrupulous people pour oil there so that they can tow your car and do repairs and then charge you a premium for it!

William said...

There must be something on the road! Take pictures of it and ask the Kerinchi link management to pay for the fine. When I was in KL, I often use that link. Now, I have to watch out.

Kev said...

Stupigs... aren't the police supposed to uphold the rules? Apparently they don't know the rules. You make a report, you pay a fine though it's not your fault. Hari Raya "ang pau" i guess.

Obviously something is wrong with that stretch of road, and no one's doing anything to fix it.

Johnny Ong said...

foong - checked with fren, no oil as cars just crashed on it own. not there to see how it happened. really curious as well

william - drivers just have to be wary of it.

kev - the rule is there but then no logic and facts/explanations not taken into consideration

nsw2012 said...

Kerinchi's a real fucked up road. I guess i just banged the same spot as everyone else at 5pm. my speed was about 60kmh. bloody road was wet. sigh.

same goes, fined RM300.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...