Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Crime on the Street

First hand account from a friend of mine who lives in sec 17 PJ.
Leonard.

There was an incident outside my house last night (Monday 14th Jan 08) about 10:45pm, in which a 6 knife wielding men surrounded a car and dragged the driver out in order to mug him.

The car had been sitting outside my house for about 10 minutes and the guys moved in once the driver cut the engine and prepared to get out. Due to the noise (there was a bang as they hit his car) and screams I thought there had been an accident and went out to see what had happened.

The combination of the gate opening right behind the thugs, light flooding the area, my dogs going wild and my foolish bravado as I approached and barked orders at them to leave the guy alone caused them to flee before getting anything.

Ok this is not a hero email....in retrospect I was putting myself at risk as I had no weapon but in these cases who thinks? The point I wish to make is this. The driver was reluctant to make a police report because the perpetrators were Malay and he believed the police would be biased against him. I have no issues with race when it comes to crime.

In my area I have seen Malay, Indian and Chinese gangsters at work so race is not an issue when it comes to crime. BUT it should NEVER be a reason for not reporting a crime. Once the driver was calmed down (about half an hour as it was a fearful shock) he went to the police station. There he discovered THREE others had reported the same scenario within half an hour, so a minimum of 4 attacks by the same gang in the SS2, Section 17, 13 and 14 areas.

Apparently 4 guys on bikes and 2 more in a car. I only saw the 4 on the bike as they skedaddled. He was lucky enough to have been the only one who lost nothing. Lessons to be learned:-

* ALWAYS report crimes. It helps the police know the hot spots. They do send armed patrols time to time to the worst areas.

* When naming race be objective. Many police are Malay and if you are sensitive to how you put this across I think you will find they are concerned that some bodohs are giving their race a bad name. We all have pride in our respective race and are annoyed at those of our own who pull it down.

* Be submissive when an armed assailant comes at you. Your life is worth more than billions of ringgit. Give them what they want.

* If you go past your house, or have left your car down a dark lane LOOK before going to it or before you unlock your doors. If in doubt, ie you see possible dangers it is best to go elsewhere and come back later once the potential threat has passed.

While I could throw in being aggressive chases them away I don't believe this was the case. They were caught by surprise and had no idea whether there were one unarmed guy or a whole hockey team coming out to beat the living daylights out of them. In retrospect what I did was stupid but at the time who can think.

Grant
Tags: Crime on the Street, Section 17, Petaling Jaya

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...