Friday, January 18, 2008

Migraine Attacks

At times I do suffer migraine attacks where the worst could result in me lying in bed. Slight movement will cause terrible poundings on my head and sometimes, nauseactic too. To some people, a medical leave is a time to relax but medical leave due to migraine is no relaxation at all. I'm like paralysed, either have to sit tight or lie down on bed to rest.

Most of the time I knew how my migraine came about and usually due to a change of cold-hot-cold-warm- stuffy-cool within a short period of time. As my body has yet to adapt the new environment, it changes again within the next few minutes. I knew that coffee and those strong cheese are my weaknesses too.

Some migraine info:-
* 1 in 10 people suffers from migraine attack, an average of 13 times a year
* Attacks last up to 72 hours
* An attack involves a throbbing headache with at least two other symptoms: nausea, raised sensitivity to light, sound or smell
* The pain is made worse by movement and sufferers want to rest and keep still in darkness
* Some sufferers have neurological disturbances, or auras, before the headache starts such as flashing lights, blind spots and zig-zag patterns but also including tingling, pins and needles and numbness
* Some people experience the auras only, or with only a mild headache
* Migraine is more common among women and is often linked to hormonal changes

A British doctor said that a particular drug on trial now could spell the end of the misery endured (John Chambers, a consultant cardiologist at Guy's Hospital London). I wonder how true?

As for me, the Panadol (a.ka. Paracetamol) or Ponstan pill won't relieft me at all and Sibelium did help. Local doctors have various kinds of prescriptions till I have forgotten the name of the current drug that I'm taking.
Tags: Health, Migraine, John Chambers, Guy's Hospital London, Panadol, Paracetamol, Ponstan, Sibelium, Headache, Nausea

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

taking too much paracetamol is really bad for the body. but then again, if in real pain, i dont know wat else to do..
hope u fell well soon! happy weekedn!

Johnny Ong said...

migraine has been attacking me on and off, sometimes mild, sometimes just bothering me. during such times i wont take the medicine.

the pain killers i'm taking now is much stronger than paracetamol so i wld only take it if i'm shouting for help.

Geraldo said...

Abstain totally from lactose and you can forget migraine.

Visit www.justice-publications.com and read the free article on migraine avoidance.

Regards,

Geraldo

Johnny Ong said...

thks for the advise, will avoid that to see if that's part of the cause.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...