Monday, January 14, 2008

Heavy Thunderstorm in KL

On Sunday afternoon, I was scouting around Happy Garden & Sri Petaling for a house after 2pm. I think it was around 2.30pm onwards, it started to drizzle and then heavy rain started to pour.

Not long after that, a heavy downpour came with strong wind blowing from one direction. I could see the rain being blown ferociously. Due to that, I stopped driving and rested my legs after driving around for one hour plus seeing that it was dangerous to drive in such a heavy downpour anyway. Lightnings were hitting all over the place.

The place where I stopped was without any trees but only an electricity pole nearby. I could see those rubbish bins' cover were flying all over the area. After noticing that the rain had simmer down a bit, I continued with my scouting.

Along the way I bumped into two trees which had been blown down onto the road forcefully.

The owner of this Hyundai Getz car would be crying when he/she comes out from the house later on. It was a hot weather before the heavy downpour so I guessed the car owner parked right under this big tree to avoid heavy sun ray.

At the nearby Desa Gembira condominium side lane, this tree just missed the Proton Wira because it fell onto the condo's perimeter wall. Without that wall, it would have crushed the Proton Wira.

So, now you trust me it was a fierce wind?
Tags: Heavy Downpour, Strong Wind, Happy Garden, Sri Petaling, Hyundai Getz, Proton Wira, Desa Gembira Condominium

3 comments:

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

oh my! it is amazing what damage the wind can do and how quickly it can happen. Hope you and yours were safe.

That poor Hyundai owner...

Johnny Ong said...

yeah, pity that owner. moreover unable to remove that tree until the local authority comes with their electrical saw.

Stephen said...

Yes, it was one fierce storm!Lots of lightning and loud thunders. One of my potted plants toppled over. Surprisingly, the electric supply was not tripped.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...