Monday, February 11, 2008

Dining at Pavilion

Was at Pavilion shopping centre during the Chinese New Year break. This is the latest shopping centre in Kuala Lumpur that has opened in December 2007, at the shopping hub located at Jalan Bukit Bintang area.

What was I shopping for? Not really but to meet my cousins from Singapore for lunch. The shops located in Pavilion were mostly branded stuffs and not within my means or not necessary to have it in my closet.

We went down to the lower ground floor and found that the food court was operated by Food Republic. According to my Singaporean cousins, it was owned by a Singaporean that owns the Bread Talk confectionary chain as well.

No idea who owned this J.CO Donuts & Coffee but I did hear from friends that people queued up to buy their donuts or doughnuts however you spell it.

And I saw it with my own eyes. Were their donuts really that top notch that people were willing to queue up for it?

I'm going for lunch so no urge to line up there and I dislike waiting for food like this.





Celadon, a Thai restaurant located at the 6th floor, our lunch destination.















There was this room nicely set up but it was of full view to shoppers walking pass the shop (as seen on right hand side in above picture). Definitely won't sit there.













I ordered this Thai Iced Tea where they used mix tea, milk and gula melaka as the sweetener. Don't stir the bottom thoroughly otherwise you would only taste the gula melaka instead of a tea drink.













Plenty of food for six adults and I was again relied upon to finish up the food. Always the case.















In almost every dishes, there were special sauces to accompany those dishes. Marvellous sauces that added special taste to each dish.

Cost? No idea lah as my cousins treated us so I willingly ate as much as I can. No worries as everything is considered half price to Singaporeans considering the fact that Singaporean currency was worth double our Malaysian currency.








If I could recall those prices in the menu, it was alright for a restaurant with such settings seen in it. Not a big restaurant, roughly around fifteen tables.

Everyone of us agreed that service was impeccable. When the ladies in our group enquired about the washroom's location, a waitress guided them to the place and actually waited for them to accompany them back to the restaurant. Now, that's what I call service with customers in mind. Created a good impression in our hearts.

They do have a wine list but we were not keen on it on a hot afternoon.
Tags: Pavilion, Food, Celadon, Thai Restaurant, Food Republic, J.CO Donuts & Coffee, Thai Iced Tea

4 comments:

haan said...

johnny, u faced some probs organizing your text and photos, or just do so on purpose?

Johnny Ong said...

thks for notifying me. didnt chk properly on that last photo actually.

Va:L said...

My friend and I found out J.Co. Donuts, as well as Big Apple Donuts are always with long Q.

We tried to Q by ourself, and observe there. There are not actually many peoples. Just that there is only one cashier, and the way they serve customers that slow down the buying process, which cause "congested" in the line.

Another possibility is, they hire peoples to Q up to make the crowd!!!

Johnny Ong said...

so, its more of slow service that caused the long queue...... hahahahahaha

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...