Saturday, July 15, 2006

Lucky Number Slevin / Mission Impossible 3

With the WC over, it’s time to go back to movies we can get our hands on. Only way to watch movies is to wait for whoever comes back from Malaysia and kind enough to bring some DVD selections to meet our hunger for it.

I watched Lucky Number Slevin first starring Morgan Freeman, Sir Ben Kingsley (the person who potrayed Ghandi), Bruce Willis, Josh Hartnett and Lucy Liu. With this 5 stars, the movie need not be promoted. But was aghast at the way the movie was played. I couldn’t grasp what it was trying to tell me. (Ahem! It’s not only me, ok!!!) Not much comment on this except that towards the end of the movie, I finally got the full picture of why all those plots were committed. Was I confused? Sort of. Was disappointed with it.

Moral of the story: Do not judge the book by its cover……in which I did hahaha.

Next come Mission Impossible 3, straight into the 2nd movie. Right from the beginning, it was action packed. If you were a fan for the previous 2 series, you will like this too. In terms of gadgets used by the team, it was marvelous and sometimes you would be thinking does it exist.

As I favour action packed movies, whether the movie carries a proper story line or not, it doesn’t matter to me most of the time. It does make you go to the edge of your seat and biting your finger nails in anticipation of the next move by the hero/heroine. Of course lah, sometimes a bit exaggerated.

Remember, it’s a movie and don’t think “Aiyah, how can this type of things happen…” I can guarantee then that such thinking will spoil your movie. 101% sure.

Next in line; 16 Block, Edison and Running Wild.
Tags: Movie, Lucky Number Slevin, Mission Impossible 3, Review, Cinema

No comments:

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...