Mattel has found that this is the right time to swarm Shanghai mega city with their Barbie dolls.
And when Mattel decided to do it, they want to give their best. Out came the world's largest Barbie flagship shop that will house 1,600 products at a six storey, 37,000 square feet emporium all dedicated to Barbie alone. All this done at a price of £20 million (wow ...... more than RM100 million????!!?!?!?!?!!).
This shop don't just sell the miniature stuff but dresses that could fit children and adults. Just when you thought that their clothings are not worth buying ........ think again.
What else could you find / do in this shop?
* £10,000 wedding dress designed by Vera Wang
* café's food designed by local celebrity chef David Laris
* a clothing line designed by Patricia Fields, the designer behind Sex and the City
* bar complete with karaoke
* day spa
* get their hair cut
* get their nails done
* the store offers a catwalk space
* shop assistants to teach customers how to sing and dance to the “Barbie Girl” song
Go look for the Barbie Shanghai shop when you are in Shanghai and it's located at No. 55o, Central Huaihai Road.
Reading: World's largest Barbie store to open in Shanghai - Telegraph (source of picture too)
Tags: Mattel, Barbie Doll, Barbie Girl, Barbie Shanghai, Shanghai, Vera Wang, David Laris, Patricia Fields