Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson's Really Dead

Slept between 12midnight and 1am yesterday while watching Wolverine. I was tired but I thought I could make it through. But that movie is a total let down. Can you imagine that you could differentiate whether it was a real movie shot or a super imposed graphic in it.

Woke up by a phone call from KL office around 7am (Malaysian time was 12noon) and need to amend some documents urgently.

After that I browsed through my blogspot account and saw that I have lots of comments yet to be validated. That's really weird, I thought, as I don't get so many comments especially during those hours. Logged in and saw that 98% of the comments were meant for one particular blog post that I posted way back in 24 Oct 2007. Title of that post - Michael Jackson's Dead?

Curiosity made me to read through the comments as to why this post captured so many attention. One by one ....... still not believing what I have read, I turned to yahoo website and true enough, Michael Jackson is really dead this time.

This guy is really a phenomenal. He got my attention something like 25 years ago (waaaaaaa you're that old????). From that day, I followed his songs and admired his dance movements. I will look forward to his new albums and will always like to view his music videos on TV whenever it was shown because it was produced with first class production.

Teenagers nowadays may not know him but those aged 25 years old and above may recognise him anytime.

Yeah, you may have heard of many scandals that tangled up with him but I have no doubt that he was one of the best entertainer that I have ever come across in my life. I remembered when he came to Malaysia for his concert and I saw people climbing up the hillslope opposite of Concorde Hotel, trying to catch just a glimpse of him at the window.

It caused a major traffic jam for that few days he was there. A friend of mine who worked with the hotel management told me that security was so tight and that the hype was so great that even staff can't concentrate on their works but hoping just to see him walk pass by.

That's how influential of Michael Jackson.

You may asked how do you know that he was so influential.

Well, all I can say is that when I checked through my Nuffnang statistics, just that 24 Oct 2007 posting itself had garnered 50,000 visits in less than 8 hours.

The chart showed me only 14 visits at 4am. By 5am, 6,947 visits came to that particular blog post.

By 6am, when news have spread round the world, that particular blog post had 29,538 visits.

His name will be remembered for the wonderful songs and dance movements, especially the moonwalk.

Two of his wonderful songs that I liked, Smooth Criminal (for its musical beat, rhythm and dance routine) and Heal The World.

Reading: Michael Jackson Dies - TMZ
Tags: Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson Is Dead, Smooth Criminal, Heal The World

10 comments:

Test said...

nope .......
and tis is the 1st time i went to ur page
after u post a comment at my blog >>>>>>>>>
" u found my blog bcuz of michael jackson? "



LOL =.=

@DdY said...

I can't believe that he's gone!
His songs really made an impact to everyone especially regarding the world.
May he rest in peace!

Twilight Man said...

After so many chemical jabs, sure his heart could not take it. I loved his earlier unknown song - One Day In Your Life... I am sure it was sung during your era.

soulesscloudy said...

wow.. the HITs really unbelievable.. hehe..

Really sad when I got this MJ news.. a bit unbelievable...

Anonymous said...

wow the traffic! O.o
amazing! lol

Anonymous said...

lol just read thru your old post... that was fake.. but this time its real..

foongpc said...

I heard about his death on the radio while driving to work on Friday morning. The DJ said "the late Michael Jackson..." and I was like, what?! He's dead?

And later, it rained! Added to the sadness.

Michael Jackson is a legend and he will always be remembered. I particularly like his song "Heal The World". Listening to this song now makes me want to cry.

Johnny Ong said...

cheyap - lol, now that we know

ddy - yeah, cldn't believe initially too

twilight - what my era? yr era and my era is the same

wanwan - mj's songs' hits are more extraordinary than my hits

kenwooi - really amazing traffic

foong - one legend gone

Normi said...

Oh my.. look at the traffic u once have.. If i put my naked picture also I dont think I got that much. Naked women body not as influential as MJ ler...

Johnny Ong said...

queen - lol!!! i think u right there unless u are a superstar actress

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...