Thursday, March 20, 2008

Busy Days Coming Up Again

Good Friday and Easter weekend is here again and I'm involved in the dance drama. Not headed by me this time but by lady who's quite creative with choreography owing to her passion for it only. What? Johnny is involved in a dance? You didn't know that I could at least move my butt?

On Monday, the housing developer's lawyer, for my new house, called me up about the sale and purchase agreement for the new house and he was nice in emailing the draft copy for my review first. Normally you don't get to read it but sign on the spot. I remembered when I first bought my current condominium, buyers who had selected the condo unit was required to walk to another room where lawyers from the housing developers' panel of legal firms were waiting for buyers. Was given the sale and purchase agreement to be signed on the spot. Did ask what was the rush and the lawyer said it was usual for such launching event.

You got no choice but to sign it otherwise your unit would be given to another purchaser as my all the 450 condo units were sold off on that launching date itself. Take it or leave it. So, this time was something different. Even though the sale and purchase is a standard agreement, I rather read through to have the comfort of what I would be signing later on. I'm sure many of you have the same experience.

Well, the lawyer sent me a soft copy of his invoice too. How convenient. A staggering RM9,000 bill? Oh my my. I'm gonna faintttttttttt ...............

With that almost in the bag, I have to source for a financier now. Approached UOB Bank, CIMB Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Alliance Bank, Hong Leong Bank and ING Insurance. Have to be melancholy as it involves a big amount that would tie me down for next 28 years. Thought I was smart in getting many proposals so that I could make good judgement but a bit confused now with the various interest rates offered for different years by different banks. Need to meet those bankers to overcome the dizziness.

Managed to get two of the banks to send me the quotation for legal fees just for the home loan and could come up to RM6,700. I have gotten three friends to take a look at the legal fees and wondering whether I could get further discounts from those charges imposed.

Need to settle it fast as a friend of mine who bought at the same area has told me that the developer has issued a letter requesting for the payment of the second 10%. The house is expected to be completed next March 2009. Twelve more months to go.

As at todate, I have not been to the gym for last three weeks. Reason - I pulled my left thigh's muscle. How it happened - you won't believe it. Stepped onto some dog shit in a public garden and went back to the roadside to scrape those shit off my right slipper. Left leg was holding steadfastly on the ground while right leg moved rigorously, trying my best to get those shit off my slippers. The pain the day after and lasted for three weeks now albeit much much better now. Should be jumping back into the gym by early next week.

Well, tonight was a rest day and while watching the English Premier League match between Manchester United vs. Bolton live, I typed this blog entry. Man Utd was leading 2-0 at halftime and would definitely, read the words here, top the league three points ahead of Arsenal. Man Utd's year again? Hopefully (toes are crossed now).

Match will finish by 6am and I'm supposed to meet up with few friends for breakfast at 9am later on to discuss / plan for our church's 20th anniversary come August 2008. Huh? Everything 8 8 ??? Too bad 8.8.08 is on a Friday. We haven't fix the exact date but August would be the month. Dim sum breakfast at Sri Petaling ............... yummy!

Good thing the meeting would be held at a restaurant for a some brainstorming session. If it was to be held in a meeting room, I guarantee I would go zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Would come back to sleep after the meeting and hopefully those fellas don't plan for anything else that could tempt me.
Tags: Sale And Purchase Agreement, Home Loan, Legal Fees, Dim Sum Breakfast

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

im your silent reader... but the dog poo made you pulled your muscle is too hard to believe :P

how is it now? better i hope?

Johnny Ong said...

raja petra: thks for the lead

sunshine: the most unfortunate happened. it rained suddenly when i just got out from my car, i ran a short distance to avoid getting wet and i pulled my left thigh's muscle AGAIN!!!!

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...