Monday, March 10, 2008

Abu Dhabi Through My Lens I

Arrived at Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 7pm (Sunday night) and had my dinner there. Took a seafood sandwich with chicken soup at Delifrance.

The flight to Abu Dhabi was about 7.5 hours and the airport was quiet empty compared to Dubai's airport. As I got through the immigration smoothly, the luggages haven't even arrived.













The midnight scene outside the airport.

As I walked out, I saw people wearing jackets and sweaters. I was like "Are they mad wearing like this in Middle East?".

True enough, just realised it was the tail-end of its winter. Weather has gone haywire throughout the world with China experiencing extreme winter in February only.

The weather was just like a really cold night in Genting.

Ahhhhhh..... my Merz limo has arrived. Managed to capture the picture before going in.

The attendant who informed me of my car must have felt "This guy is crazy, where did he come from? Haven't seen a Merz?

My hotel room in Millenium Hotel Abu Dhabi. It was only one of the three rooms left and I took this one which was facing the sea.

There are a few major conventions going on in Abu Dhabi which caused hotel room shortages in the city.
This hotel is currently having a Visit Singapore fair and that was the reason why I could see a Merlion statue in the centre of the food counter. And they related those hanging lanterns with Singapore too, with it being a chinese majority country.

The solid juice maker. Throw in your whole orange (uncut) at the top and it would be brought to the middle where it would be crushed and squeezed. Haven't seen such machine before.













The scenario outside my hotel.

Wanted to wait for a taxi but since it was peak period time, it was hard to flag down one.

Ok. Started to walk to office, between 1km to 1.5km away, since the weather was nice (around 20 degree celcius with strong wind blowing).
Tags: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Millenium Hotel, Merlion, Visit Singapore, Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Delifrance, Travel

No comments:

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...