Monday, March 24, 2008

Medical Leave Due to Thigh Injury

My left thigh injury has acute pain since yesterday night which could be due to the excessive movements during the Easter weekend.

No choice but to see doctor this morning. As the clinic was located at the shoplots area where available car park was a rare case, I had to limp all the way to the clinic.

On the way, bumped into my car mechanic and a restaurant owner where I have to explained my situation as they saw me limping.

Was prescribed two types of tablets mainly for pain relief. Doctor also identified which of my leg's muscle which was in real stress - the Sartorius muscle. This muscle is one of the longest muscle in our anatomy which stretches from the hip bone till the knee. Need to have proper rest for it this time.

Thereafter, walked over to Restaurant Jalal Yusof for my brunch and ate two roti telur with a glass of teh tarik. If the government still insist that inflation is under control, that meal of mine cost RM4.40.

Late in the afternoon, I remembered that the Streamyx Combo promotion would end by end of the month, a few days left. Since I was at home might as well do it today as they are opened for business during the weekdays only.

Quickly hopped into my car and drove to the nearby TM Point Taman Desa shop to register for it. Don't care whether they would stare at a limping man but I would be saving a lot with such package. I signed up for the RM60 per month package which has unlimited broadband access, free rental for fixed phone line and a ADSL modem router.

This package would see me having a 384kbps / 128 kbps internet speed. If not mistaken, South Korea and USA are having an internet speed of 1GBps and mine would be a joke for them.

While waiting for the lady to submit my application online, I could hear the thunderstorm and see those trees being blown from all directions. My my ....... the system faltered when I was there. The lady told me to come back again tomorrow morning. I told her that I was just an employee like her and we just can't take leave as we want. Reluntantly have to call her supervisor to get the application submitted. Waited for more than 35 minutes to get my broadband service. Can you imagine that?

Took this picture when I got back to my condo and you could see the dark clouds forming. BTW, there was no rainbow in between the two towers at the bottom right as it was my phone camera's flash.
Tags: Medical Leave, Thigh Injury, Sartorius Muscle, Restaurant Jalal Yusof, Roti Telur, Teh Tarik, Streamyx Combo, TM Point, Unlimited Broadband, Internet Speed, ADSL Modem Router, Thunderstorm

No comments:

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...