Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bad Times in Kuala Lumpur

This is a true account that happened after a heavy downpour on 16 Oct 2008 to a friend's friend who's working in Cycle & Carriage Bintang Berhad, Petaling Jaya. Time is bad and the day you take for granted on your safety, that could be the day you'll live to regret it.

Praying to God for his protection is definitely a need but our neglectful lifestyle should be looked into.

--------------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to share my experience with you on what actually happened last night while on my way back from the office alone.

It was raining heavily while I left the office about 7.00pm and I was caught in the traffic jam along the way home. On reaching Kampung Tunku, I noticed some bikes tailing me closely. My reaction was bikes riders will not be so gentle on the road, even on rainy days, they often speed. As I could not view clearly in the downpour, I activated my rear windshield wiper to have a better look.

I saw three bikes behind me. Following that, one rider moved in front of my car towards the left and two riders were behind me for a while. And I heard a very loud crashing sound at the rear of my car.

I did not stop to investigate but accelerated and continued my journey home despite whatever damages I have to incur for repairs. After a while, the three bikers went missing and guess what next. A breakdown tow truck was behind me next. Along the way, my drive was not comfortable as I felt that my car was not moving in the right way.

I continued my journey, whatever, and on reaching home, guess what, two tires, LH Front and Rear were punctured flat.

We always read and heard that such incidents are happening daily, and this time I experienced this myself.

Please inform all your wives and loves ones not to stop the car while driving alone, just carry on the journey.

With regards,
Irene Kok

--------------------------------------

My personal advise upon reading this email is for you, if you suspect anything amiss, to drive to the nearest relative / friend's house to check on the damage. Never continue driving too far. Seek help at the nearest place that you are familiar with.

Imagine the assailants were to pursue further and you went ahead to accelerate. It would be a devastating end .........................

Tags: Kampung Tunku, Petaling Jaya, Cycle & Carriage Bintang Berhad

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pray for God's mercy, His guidance and protection every waking hour of your life. You may not be safe even in the confines of your own home.

Twilight Man said...

Tow trucks are like vultures! No where seems safe these days except heavens.

Anonymous said...

It's sad, very sad our society gone mad like that, this is not the first time i heard about story like this, some even horrible!

What's wrong with our society now, why we even can't feel the basic safety in our daily life.

Yup, except pray for God guidance and protection, we seem like can't do much!

Sigh....

Johnny Ong said...

suituapui - u are true right there

twilight - just need to be alert and cautious at all times

daniel - there are preventive measures to be adopted too

confessions of a medical student said...

KL not safe??
okay, maybe not just KL..
the newspaper lately had been pretty disturbing too..

Johnny Ong said...

medic student - for that matter, i think m'sia is not really safe compared to 10 yrs ago

Unknown said...

i hate stuff like this happening. it prevents me from going out at night cuz my mom will not allow me to do so. this sucks. i wish our streets were safer

Anonymous said...

That's why i seldom run night appointments since last year. A few years back, i worked around the clock, last appointment would be 11pm and normally reached home after 1am. Worst still i was living in a condo and having to park far away from it and to walk alone for at least 5-8 mins to reach the guardhouse. After reading all cases from newspaper, i decided to put my own safety ahead of anything. The crime rates in our country is indeed very disturbing.

Dav is working on a few Gov tenders in installing real-time CCTV security system for the police and state govs. The system will be installed onto police cars, streets, to have real time screaming video & recording, hopefully with the help of technology, crime rates will reduce. Let's keep our fingers cross.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...