Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lunch - Syrian Fresh Food

On a hot weekday ....... estimated temperature - 45 degree celcius. Burning my skin all the way. We hopped into our car and decided to go Syrian food nearby, say three minutes drive.

Syrian Fresh Food it is.
This is the common Syrian salad where you dip bread into it.

The bread looks like those roti naan back home in KL.

This is my Shawerma Chicken jumbo size. Not bad not bad ..... taste good but unable to compare against any food as I won't opt for middle eastern if i'm in KL.

Their sweet biscuits ..... and it's really too sweet for my taste.

The guy who's in charge of getting those roti naan in perfect edible condition.

The chicken and beef meat ...... look at the big chunk of meat that they prepare for the day. I think it's not only one ........
The scenery outside.
Tags: Syrian Fresh Food, Syrian Salad, Shawerma, Roti Naan

9 comments:

Ice said...

In the second picture, were those 2 diffferent kind of dips? They don't eat much fresh vege, do they?

LEon said...

look quite healthy and tasty. How much does that cost?

Borneo Falcon said...

Oh man. Those food look tasty

Kay Leaf said...

~*so hang fuk eating ar you*~

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

Nice one! That's what I do too when I'm up here in Bangkok. Even if I can't fit some sight seeing adventure, I resolve to gastronomic adventure. Often, I would buy from the street/hawker vendor to taste from deep fried insects to leaves-wrapped salad. That's what Thailand's popular for after all.

Johnny Ong said...

ai shiang - there are 3 kinds of flavours. sudanese are mainly carnivorous hehe

leon - healthy? not that salad dish lah. my shawerma was 5 sudanese dinar (usd2.50)

borneo - not too bad but if everyday like this, cannot lah

kay - haha, i lived to eat

akira - might as well taste as many and be adventurous with it

LifeRamblings said...

wow, some exotic food you had there.

Johnny Ong said...

life ramblings - exotic to u but getting bored for me haha

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

Look for something new then strange looking fruits, deserts, finger food, street food ranging from grilled to steam to drinks especially fresh coconut here in Thailand. hehehe

Oh, by the way, provided your tummy can accept them as well. hehe. So far no prob with me some are too spicy, I don't like ask anything from the original recipe, you see. LoL... Spiciness I can still stand but their taste on sweetness, that's unbearable.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...