We would like to alert all of our Team Members esp. Ladies on the recent kidnap attempts on one of our Team Member.
1) Last Friday around 7pm, our colleague on her way back to her car, (her car was parked behind the High Court, i.e. next to the Klang river), was approached by 4 men (2 Indians & 2 Thais) from a van that was parked in-front of her.
2) 3 of the men got out from the van and were trying to grab her and started pushing her towards the van in an attempt to force her into the van.
3) She gave the 3 of them a good fight and in turn, they started to use their fine bladed dagger to slash her on her shoulders and back.
4) The more she tried fighting them, the more they caused injuries to her.
5) They were threatening that if she keeps fighting, they would tear off her clothes in public.
6) In their attempts, they even hit her head so hard.
7) Although our colleague had bags, a chain & etc, they weren't keen in taking these items - but it was clear that their intention was to kidnap her.
8) Finally, 5 Malay men who were passing by, came to her rescue in time.
We would like to advise all of our colleagues to "Be Careful" & "Do Not Go To Your Cars & LRT Stations Alone". Here are some Safety TIPS and Reminders in order to Avoid these sort of incident:-
- When using ATM, be watchful of any suspicious people around you. If you find someone waiting and watching outside the area of an ATM, do not use it. Leave the area and report to the police immediately - you can save someone from being the victim
- Stay in well-lighted areas
- Avoid walking alone
- Avoid known trouble spots
- Carry only what you need in your wallet/purse
- Avoid carrying valuable items or large amounts of cash
- Avoid using shortcuts through dark alleys or vacant lots
- Always walk against the flow of traffic
- Always think ahead. Example: when travelling at night, have your keys ready to enter the house or car
- Lock the door immediately when you enter your car. Do not wait for the auto lock to function
- Use whistle to get attention from public
- Use pepper spray when is necessary
- The best advise is to cooperate when confronted - less chances of getting hurt
(Received the above via an email from a lady friend)
Tags: Kidnap, Snatch Theft