Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Sichuan Earthquake

In the previous day, TV news coverage did mention that two high schools did tumble down due to the strong earthquake measuring 7.8 on the Richter Scale that happened in Sichuan, China.

It was mentioned that there was an estimated 900 students / teachers that could be trapped in a middle school. By listening to it and seeing the TV news anchor person reading out the news doesn't really hit me yet.It didn't hit me until I saw the following picture that was taken while rescue effort was being carried out at a school.


This picture tore my heart into pieces and tears gathered in my eyes. I'm lost without words. My condolence to the people of China.

Donations:-
* How can you help - China Daily
* China Earthquake Relief - Network For Good

Reading: National death toll rises to 14,866 two days after quake - China Daily
Reading: The Sichuan Earthquake - EastSouthWestNorth
Tags: Sichuan, China, Sichuan Earthquake, Tragedy

6 comments:

Huei said...

OMGGG

it's such tragedy..the children are innocent..sigh..

s.kuan said...

lets pray for the best. it's so tragic...

Anonymous said...

this saddened me too. It's really tragid, that was scaled intensity 7.5? whoa! that's like so horrible, I could imagine them panickin and dying helplessly one by one.

sollee said...

Our prayers and condolences...

haan said...

i've donated my part. how about u? after the earthquake in sumatra last night, i'm worried that there are more disasters, with more life lost.. what can we do apart from donating? *sad*

Johnny Ong said...

huei - the children were too young to know how to escape. i felt sorry for them too

kuan - yeah, one of the best support is to pray for them

lex - natural disaster is always unexpected. if it happens at my place here, it will be as bad

solle - cldn't agree more with u on that

haan - done whatever we cld also but with limitations. compared to myanmar, china is better off with their openess to foreign aid

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...