Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not Your Average Super Hero

When the word heroes or superheroes are flashed across your mind, who would be those people / character that you would think of first?

During my younger days, superheroes to me were mainly from the cartoons such as:-
1. Transformers
2. G.I. Joe
3. Centurions
4. Voltron
5. Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs
6. Transformers
7. Voltron
8. Thundercats
9. Ninja Turtles
10. He-Man

and of course, those undisputed Marvel Comics' characters being made into real life movies. Being a young boy, each time after watching a superhero related cinema show I would daydream about me saving someone if I see a person in despair or danger.

Those inspirational days were mainly dominated by Superman. As seen in the movies, he would just appear out of nowhere and was there when you need him. Then there would be a lady character for where a hero needs to save, Lois Lane. That fantasy still stays as it is from those days i.e. nothing happened to me.

After many superheroes movies such as Spiderman, Batman, Dark Knight, Incredible Hulk, X-Men and the latest - Iron Man, out comes another hero within your neighbourhood, Hancock.

Talking about superheroes, Nuffnang would be holding an exclusive private screening for the Hancock movie for its members again on 7 July 2008 at Cathay Cineplexes Damansara, The Curve.

Wonder what kind of superhero level / strength / power Hancock will be displaying?

Reading: Superhero Hype
Tags: Hancock, Heros, Superheroes, Movie, Will Smith, Private Screening, Cathay Cineplexes Damansara, The Curve

8 comments:

Borneo Falcon said...

Glad you still have the fond memories about the 1980s cartoon series. I currently download some of it myself.

elezend said...

Lol, I was watching the Onion Movie the other day and they were making fun on Hancock by making Cock Puncher (Really) advertisements

Johnny Ong said...

falcon - those were the superheroes cartoon. i have fond memories of mighty mouse and tom & jerry too

elezend - which onion movie? never heard of it

bZbee said...

i like VOLTRON!!!!! but their not around to help me pay my petrol ..LOL

Anonymous said...

I think I won't go for Hancock because I don't like most of Will Smith's movies where he is always the strongest & no one able to fight against him (except I Am Legend). Well, my fav superhero is Wonder Woman, hehehe...

elezend said...

"The onion movie" it probably won't be shown in Malaysia because there is islamic issue in it

Johnny Ong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnny Ong said...

bzbee - a lady favouring voltron. that's rare. they can't with yr electricity bills too.

dora - ahhhhhh all superheroes wont die most of the time ma. btw, why wonder woman? bcuz she wears her underwear outside too?

elezend - no wonder. so u got a pirated copy lah ..... bad bad

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...