Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Blog Was Given Warning by Blogspot

When I opened up my email inbox this morning, I saw an email coming in from Blogger. Noticed that my blog was given a warning having been identified as a spam blog.

There are people out there who's trying to kick my blog out of the virtual world to ensure that others don't get to read my articles. Are my articles really that good till my blog has to be deleted / removed?

If you don't like what I have written, please leave. Do not read any further / anymore and do not key in my blog's name again and again just to check on me and flag my blog all the time. My advise to you, please go do something more useful / meaningful with your time / life.

What I have posted are my personal opinions only, gathered from what I have read from all over the internet world. I have written / will write stuff that won't cause / trigger any commotions / misunderstandings / anger / hatred / fights / wars unless it was you who wants to take it out of context and not wanting to read / understanding the article as a whole in a proper manner.

From now onwards, I will be even stricter with unnecessary / irrelevant comments written by blog readers to safeguard against spamming.


--- On Wed, 4/15/09, Blogger no-reply@google.com wrote:

From: Blogger no-reply@google.com
Subject: http://johnny-ong.blogspot.com/ - ACTION REQUIRED
To: xxxxxxx@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 12:59 AM

Hello,

Your blog at: http://johnny-ong.blogspot.com has been identified as a potential spam blog. To correct this, please request a review by filling out the form at http://www.blogger.com/unlock-blog.g?lockedBlogID=xxxxxxxx

Your blog will be deleted in 20 days if it isn't reviewed, and your readers will see a warning page during this time. After we receive your request, we'll review your blog and unlock it within two business days. Once we have reviewed and determined your blog is not spam, the blog will be unlocked and the message in your Blogger dashboard will no longer be displayed. If this blog doesn't belong to you, you don't have to do anything, and any other blogs you may have won't be affected.

We find spam by using an automated classifier. Automatic spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and occasionally a blog like yours is flagged incorrectly. We sincerely apologize for this error. By using this kind of system, however, we can dedicate more storage, bandwidth, and engineering resources to bloggers like you instead of to spammers. For more information, please see Blogger Help: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42577

Thank you for your understanding and for your help with our spam-fighting efforts.

Sincerely,

The Blogger Team

P.S. Just one more reminder: Unless you request a review, your blog will be deleted in 20 days. Click this link to request the review: http://www.blogger.com/unlock-blog.g?lockedBlogID=xxxxxxxx

Tags: Blogger, Blogspot, The Blogger Team, Blogger Dashboard, Spam Blog, Automated Classifier, Automatic Spam Detection, Spammers

14 comments:

electronicfly said...

have you done the request the review thingy? Coz if you've not, then it might have been a phishing email, coz I didn't get the warning thingy.


anyways, there will always be idiots around.

Hugs!

T T Tan said...

I am always happy to read your sharing of experiences and opinions on you blog. Hope you cool down and do whatever is necessary and not be affected by this episode. Keep posting. Cheers..

Matthias aka. Matt2001 said...

you sure is really from blogger!?

I also have few reader hate my blog, they come to my blog and spam my cbox and comment almost everyday..
Even open a thread talking about me in 1 malaysia forum.

Ice said...

Hmm, I visited your blogs in consecutive days. I didn't get any warning.

Maybe somebody hit the "report this blog" button somehow?

Anonymous said...

Wow! I feel a bit surprise your blog was getting warning from blogger, don't see any wrong of your blog.

Hope that this thing not bothered you and please keep on blogging, don't give up bro.

As your loyalty reader, I will give you the 100% support

Cheers!

Ted said...

Yea could be an accidental click on the 'Flag Blog' or something?

bZbee said...

hey, i received this spam thing before and i ignored it..i think nothing happened..it was hoax...so my blog was ok....

Nux V said...

i din noe got such thing to unlock blog...
So, do u fill up the form?

Cazzy said...

Uncle,

I didn't get any warning either.... Cool down & chill!! :)

Drunk On Books And Adventure said...

Awww, so sorry to hear this. Have you attended to the review thingy they asked you to?

I didn't see any warning either. But whatever it is, as Cazzy said, cool down & chill! :)

soulesscloudy said...

I like your blog.. Its really enhance my knowledge.. really appreciate...

Gambateh..

Twilight Man said...

I am speechless! What did you write other than entertaining & amusing me?

-EdwiN- said...

ur blog contains alot of reliable knowledge inside, i dun c how izit a "SPAM" blog at all, they're juz idiots, ignore dem..n pls do blog as usual =)

Bengbeng said...

possibly somebody accidently clicked wrong or something. as far as I can see, no reason to flag yr blog. great blog too

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...