Saturday, October 27, 2007

Hardest Chinese Characters

I have been made known that I'm a banana man due to me being a chinese but yet do not know how to read / write chinese characters. Though I knew those really simple ones, it wouldn't have helped. Can't blame me as from young, my dad spoke to me in english language and I was sent to a malay language school all the way (in primary and secondary).

When I came across this ranking of the hardest chinese characters, I almost fainted by the number of complicated strokes just for a single character:-

"Exorcism""Noodle"
"Oneness"

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger 3POINT8 said...

"One"?? That doesn't look like a chinese word to me!! It looks more like arabic!

I took me a freaking 2 minutes to write the word 'exorcism', And this comment, took me 1 min... But yea, whoever came out with those words must be a very sad person!

28 October, 2007 10:01  
Blogger Johnny Ong said...

even a chinese educated fren was shocked to see the words.

29 October, 2007 13:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT can't be "noodle"?!?!?

30 October, 2007 20:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Noodle"?!? No way!!!

And that "oneness" one is definitely NOT a Chinese character.

No wonder the Chinese educated fren was shocked.

30 October, 2007 20:31  
Blogger Johnny Ong said...

pls enlighten me with your wisdom then......

30 October, 2007 23:46  
Blogger Dominic said...

Jo, My wife said it's a combination of a few words, and just one. However she has no idea what's the last character is, you sure it's chinese? Not Idian or arabic or something else?

03 November, 2007 00:32  
Blogger Johnny Ong said...

"and just one" - don't get the meaning of this......

oneness - no idea lah. picked it up from that website.

03 November, 2007 02:46  
Blogger Mali said...

Does anyone know the pinyin of these characters?

26 November, 2008 00:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't mean noodle. it's a type of noodle. i think it's pronounced biang or something.

03 February, 2009 13:24  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

>