Saturday, October 27, 2007

Hardest Chinese Characters

I have been made known that I'm a banana man due to me being a chinese but yet do not know how to read / write chinese characters. Though I knew those really simple ones, it wouldn't have helped. Can't blame me as from young, my dad spoke to me in english language and I was sent to a malay language school all the way (in primary and secondary).

When I came across this ranking of the hardest chinese characters, I almost fainted by the number of complicated strokes just for a single character:-

"Exorcism""Noodle"
"Oneness"

9 comments:

3POINT8 said...

"One"?? That doesn't look like a chinese word to me!! It looks more like arabic!

I took me a freaking 2 minutes to write the word 'exorcism', And this comment, took me 1 min... But yea, whoever came out with those words must be a very sad person!

Johnny Ong said...

even a chinese educated fren was shocked to see the words.

Anonymous said...

THAT can't be "noodle"?!?!?

Anonymous said...

"Noodle"?!? No way!!!

And that "oneness" one is definitely NOT a Chinese character.

No wonder the Chinese educated fren was shocked.

Johnny Ong said...

pls enlighten me with your wisdom then......

Dominic said...

Jo, My wife said it's a combination of a few words, and just one. However she has no idea what's the last character is, you sure it's chinese? Not Idian or arabic or something else?

Johnny Ong said...

"and just one" - don't get the meaning of this......

oneness - no idea lah. picked it up from that website.

Unknown said...

Does anyone know the pinyin of these characters?

Anonymous said...

It doesn't mean noodle. it's a type of noodle. i think it's pronounced biang or something.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...