Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Another Disaster

While driving back from office on Monday evening, the traffic was moving smoothly and I used the Smart Tunnel to avoid the jam along Jln Sungai Besi/Seremban Highway. It's very convenient to me as the exit will be near the ramp that links with the Federal Highway, on the way to Taman Danau Desa.

The moment I turned into my garden area and stopped at the traffic light, I could hear some loud hissing sound. What's that??!!??!!?

Next thing, I noticed that the temperature shot way past the midway dot. I knew I was in trouble this time. Off the aircond and pulled the car through and straight to the workshop just next to my condo.

Goodness, one of the main hose connecting the radiator/engine has busted. I could see water at almost every part of the bonnet area as I guessed the hissing sound was the sound of water gushing out of the hose. Walked back home (less than 5 mins walk) as the owner said he would get it done first thing tomorrow morning.

Really thank God that it only happened when I arrived in my garden area. Imagine if it happened in the Smart Tunnel. On the other hand, I would be able to test the Smart Tunnel's emergency response team if my car broke down inside there......hehehe
Tags: Sungai Besi, Seremban Highway, Radiator, Engine, Smart Tunnel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that could have been really bad! Sounds like you had a bit of luck with ya! Thanks so MUCH for the technorati fave and I have added you to my blogroll! Good luck!

Crankster said...

I live in Setapak and work in Cyberjaya. It's not as far as you think. :)

NOT.

If there was a flood, I think it would be the cables that I'd be more worried about. They don't look completely waterproof.

Mass electrocution is not a very pleasant thought.

Anonymous said...

So next time I knew once I see Johnny's car in Smart Tunnel, must ride fast possible to over take him...hahaha..Moral of the story : Do your car servicing frequently..heh heh...

Anonymous said...

yikes that was close. scaryy.. i wouldn't know what to do if i get stuck inside there.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...