Monday, May 28, 2007

Voice Message from "Malaysian High Court"

Received this via an email where it tells us of suspicious calls from the Malaysian High Court and Malaysia's police headquarters asking for your personal banking details relating it to a scam purportedly linked to your banking accounts. Is it another scam? Or one of those Urban Legends?

Dear family members and friends,
I am writing this e-mail to warn all of you. This is what happen to me on 18th May 2007 at 10.00am. The phone rang and I answer, a voice message stated that the call is from the Malaysian High Court mentioning that i have a case to attend at the KL High Court.

Rather curious of what sort of case i have, so i press 9 to talk to the operator. The operator speaks very 'slow english' if you know what i mean. She insist that i must give her my name and ic (identity card) no. in order for her to check what sort of case i have. I hold on for a few seconds and she ask me if that is really my ic no. I confirmed and she also confirmed that i have a case to attend. She says that she will faxed the document over to Bukit Aman Police station and the officer will call me in 3 minutes.

So i hung up, through enough i received the call less than 2 minutes. He announced himself as Yeoh Long Wah from Bukit Aman police station. He ask me a lot of questions and say the criminal have use my ic detail to open bank account in Maybank and Public Bank in Negeri Sembilan.

He then ask me whether i have a bank account in Maybank and Public Bank. I told him that i have a Public Bank a/c. He says that i have to answer his questions honestly so that he can help me with my case. The questions he ask like have you lost yr ic before, did you hand over yr ic to anybody for documentaion and how much money u have in yr a/c I told him i cannot reveal the amount in my account and that i will meet him in Bukit Aman police station.

He says fine and meet him before 4pm and gave me the phone no 03-77826222. I rang my lawyer and ask for advise. She ask me to fix the appointment with the so call police on Sat or Monday since today is Friday and mosque day. I called the no 77826222 and the police answer telling me that this is not Bukit Aman police station but police station in Old Klang Road. I told the police the problem and he told me to launch a police report in Subang Jaya police station because they have been receiving a lot of these calls from people.

I went to Public Bank to freeze all my a/c for the time being. I am sharing all these with you so that you will not go through the trauma i went through.

From: Kam Yuen Chan
18/5/07
Tags: Scam, Hoax, High Court, Bukit Aman, Kam Yuen Chan, Yeoh Long Wah

No comments:

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...