Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Easy To Become A Malay

Everyday I'm learning something new. This time the lecturer is the Malacca Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam.

At a press conference in Kota Kinabalu, he mentioned that it's not hard becoming a Malay. His "How To" is listed as follow:-
* Be a muslim or convert to a muslim
* Converse in Malay language
* Follow Malay tradition

He also said that as long as you meet the above criteria, you are deemed to be a Malay even though you were a born Chinese, Indian or Kadazan. Ain't it simple?

May I know what was his education level? To me, I think he needs to attend a lecture before giving out such statements. The terms Malay, Chinese, Indian & Kadazan only denote different races. Even though if I were to adopt all the 3 items as stated above, it doesn't deny the fact that I'm still a Chinese with the colour of my skin. Can someone please proof read his speech next time.

As mentioned, if I was a Christian, converse in English at home/office, consumes western food (bread/jam for breakfast, salad/sandwiches for my lunch, fish & chips for dinner), celebrates Christmas/Easter - means to say that I'm an Englishman??? Really no sense......
Tags: Malacca Chief Minister, Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam, Malay, Chinese, Indian, Kadazan, Racial

1 comment:

AllSeasonsFashion said...

Keke..I am not aware about this statement by our goverment.
Honestly, i am speechless...They always leave me speechless...:p

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...