Monday, September 10, 2007

In Russia - "I don't know" Has Been Banned

In Siberia of Russia, any mention of the phrase "I Don't Know" or "I Can't" will bring you real far .... i.e. far out of the corporation or organisation that you are working for.

The mayor of Megion in the Khanty-Mansiisk has set this ruling that whenever a government staff was caught saying those words, or they would be requested to look for another job.

Following words/phrases have been listed with the list being on the wall outside the mayor's office:-

"What can we do?" "It's not my job," "It's impossible," "I'm having lunch," "There is no money," and "I was away/sick/on vacation."

If the 'I Don't Know' ruling is imposed in Malaysia, lots of working folks from the private and government sectors could be sacked. Not a good policy as even the Malaysian Prime Minister could be implicated as well. Better keep this ruling out of Malaysia.

Reading: Russian mayor bans phrase 'I don't know' - Malaysia Today

Tags: Siberia, Russia, Megion, Khanty-Mansiisk, I Don't Know, I Can't

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LoL.. I personally think they're nutz for banning the phrase. Gosh! what if someone accidently say it out ? Or if that person has 0 knowledge about certain question being asked ? Really unreasonable.

In Japan, people don't really like getting "NO" as an answer. If that kinda ruling brought into Malaysia and due to the "Boleh-ism" culture, hopefully there's no ban on the word "Tak Boleh" . And thanks to gov, we love the word "TAK-NAK". There's alot of things that we really "TAK-NAK" in the country. =p

Johnny Ong said...

at times,some superiors do abuse their power or bully their subordinates. if not imposed with care, lots of people may be subject to blackmail instead.

Kyle and Svet Keeton said...

The way I understand the banning of the phrase, "I don't know!" is that the Mayor is very tired of people not wanting to work. Here in Russia the average worker would rather say "I do not know" and hope you leave them alone.

Now I grew up in America and the "I do not knows" are just as common as in Russia. Sounds like Malaysia has the same problem.

But: "I don't know" ask them. :))

Kyle Keeton

Johnny Ong said...

the 'i dont know' is quite bad here esp when our premier does it quite often

Kyle and Svet Keeton said...

I never heard about this... But I would take it like he is care how his employers treat people in offices, maybe it's just his political games - he wants an image of person who cares. As for me I never heard myself people in office would tell you "I don't know", regular they just kind people and of course will try their best to help you. As for not having lunch - I think he is too strict (and that is against Russian Labor Law), so here he is wrong and not treat his people right.

Good article!

Svetlana

Random J said...

*LOL* That is extreme.

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival

Pattaya is definitely firing up its presence internationally. Covid19 has hit many nations really hard and Pattaya wasn't exempted from ...